The weather report suggested conditions for the day would be a light southerly breeze with clear skies. Forecast reviewed, decision made - Golden Ball.
Peggy, Dave and myself shared a car and trundled down. Craig, Paul, Helen and a few others were already getting ready as we arrived. The sun shone, wind picked up so off we went. It felt like all 10 gliders were in the same thermal climbing out. This would have been fine if it wasn't for a persistent turn-the-wrong person causing everyone grief.
Very soon we were all bumping up against the inversion at around 2,700ft. I decided this was as good as it's gonna get so boated off downwind hoping to find more lift, but also to escape the mayhem.
All was going okay until I got low over the motorway/rail tracks, which unnerved me. Suffice to say, moments later I was on the deck.
Still a great day, and retrieved by Peggy and Dave - Result!